How we will use your data
Privacy Notice - Data Protection Act 1998
Nottingham Community Housing Association collects and holds personal data about service users for whom we provide care and support. We use this data to:
- Make decisions about your personal care and support needs
- Help us to work with you and agree the care and support you need
- Make sure your care and support is safe and effective
- Work effectively with others who may also provide you with care and support
- Make sure we manage our services effectively
This includes personal characteristics and sensitive information relevant for the services we provide.
The information we collect may be stored electronically, on paper or a mixture of both, and we use a combination of working practices and technology to ensure that your information is kept confidential and secure.
We will not disclose any information that you provide ‘in confidence’ to anyone else without your permission, except in the few situations where disclosure is required by law, or where we have good reason to believe that failing to share the information would put someone at risk.
On occasion, we will provide personal information to external organisations who are working with us on a specific project or delivery of specific services. This is done under strict agreements regarding the security and confidentiality of all personal data.
If you would like further information about your personal data please contact NCHAs Data Protection Officer.