Our aim is to ensure that customers are at the heart of everything we do and are able to influence the quality of the services we provide. We know from our customer feedback that providing good quality care and support is important. We also know that customers want to be involved in decisions regarding the level of care they receive - feeling happy and supported is essential too.
We welcome customer feedback as this helps us to improve our services. Our Praise and Grumble and Complaints schemes enable customers to comment on our services, whether good or bad, and also to suggest areas where we could improve. Our complaints leaflet is also available in 'Easy Read'. Our VoiceBox magazine is dedicated to feedback from customers about their activities, hobbies, days out, drawings and poems.
Customers are very important to us and have helped to develop service standards which set out the level of service all our customers can expect. We have trained and supported an independent group of customers to assess the quality of our services with staff support.
To help us provide good quality services, we use different ways to review what we do and to help us improve. These include:
- Quality Audits – checking that we do what we say we will, that we follow our policies and procedures, and, look for areas where we can improve.
- Quality Checks – these regular checks apply to specific areas of our services and include reviews of individual cases to make sure that services meet our standards.
- Learning – we share best practice and what we have learned with our staff to improve our services.
- Comparison – we compare our performance with other organisations and to look for other ways to improve our services.
Our registered care services such as Care Homes and Enhanced Support Living are regulated and inspected by the Care Quality Commission (CQC). The CQC regularly inspect the services we provide and you can view their reports on the CQC website.
Other services are independently assessed and registered to the British Standards Institute (BSI) for:
- ISO 9001 Quality Management,
- ISO 14001 Environmental Management
- ISO 18001 Occupational Health and Safety Management
To view documentation about our services click here
Watch our Driving Up Quality Videos