About Residential Care
Our residential care home services are aimed at people with varying degrees of learning disabilitiesand or mental health needs, physical disabilities and complex needs including challenging behaviours and autistic spectrum disorders.
What is Residential Care?
- A purpose built or adapted home
- Fully furnished, well cared for, clean and comfortable
- Support and care 24 hours a day, usually long term
- Your meals are provided (you can choose what you eat and when)
- Personal care is provided
- Your support and your home are linked, you can't have one without the other
- The right support to suit your own needs
- Having person centred plans that make sure you get what you need
- Having support to change things when needed
- Being supported
- Having opportunities to develop your skills
- Developing your confidence
- Having a quality of life and this is balanced with staying safe and taking responsibility
- Getting the support that you need and making choices about who supports you
- Making everyday choices for your self including how to spend money and how you live your life
- Having the support you need to make your own choices and get what you need and prefer
- Making plans for your future
- Keeping things about yourself private if you choose.
- Relationships / living in the community
- Being supported to join in community activities according to your own choices and what you want to do
- Having opportunities to join groups within the community such as social, religious, educational, or other organisations