The Services We Provide
Nottingham Community Housing Association's Housing & Property Management Team (H&PM Team) based within our Housing with Care and Support department is a dedicated and specialist service that provides a housing management and property service to a wide range of service users.
This is a unique approach among both housing providers and care and support providers, and it is highly valued by our service users and by the partner organisations we work with.
We have responded to meet service user needs and expectations through:
- Consultation with service users when we develop or refurbish accommodation
- Providing furniture and equipment as chosen by tenants
- Flexible financial models that meet tenants' individual circumstances and which can access funding sources available to them e.g. Housing Benefit, social care funding
- Consultation with tenants about the way we provide our service which we act upon to improve our delivery
- Adapting properties to meet tenants needs
- Working with our SMaRT team to provide assistive technology solutions, packages to ensure the security of tenants' homes and a 24 hour SMaRT response team who manage both housing and support issues out-of-hours
We have seen great benefits from delivering housing management service through a specialist team:
- Care and Support is distinctly separate from Housing Management giving tenants a clear understanding of who does what and presenting well-defined boundaries for funders and commissioners
- Our highly skilled Housing and Property Team has developed a personalised approach to meet individual needs
- Our Housing Team maximises housing benefit and other funding streams to meet tenants' housing costs
- We provide expertise in housing options, in partnership with support providers, commissioners and funders
The team works with a number of different accommodation-based models and a range of tenants, and has demonstrated its ability to respond innovatively and flexibly, providing tenant-driven solutions by:
- Actively engaging with tenants to establish their needs and preferences
- Working closely with commissioners and funders to establish solutions which work for the individual
- Delivering many different models of accommodation-based support including care homes, supported living and supported housing, giving us the opportunity to develop best practice, knowledge and experience
- Responding positively and flexibly to tenants and partners to facilitate new ways of working
- Managing properties on behalf of other organisations and individuals
- Working to provide property solutions for individuals accessing Individual Budgets
- Working in partnership with a range of support and healthcare providers
We are able to design, negotiate and deliver property packages and subsequent housing management service to meet a range and diversity of care and support needs. We are an innovative service with considerable expertise, networked in to other professionals, able to work with challenges and thrive on turning problems into outcomes.
NCHA has been providing property for 35 years, HWCS has been providing property to people with care and support needs for 16 years and have had a specialist housing management team for the past 5 years. Our service is quality assured and is registered with BSI ISO9000 to ensure that we always meet the highest standards of delivery.
If you want to get in touch with the Housing & Property Management Team, please either: Telephone
: 0845 650 1202 and ask for the Housing & Property Management Team
: 9am - 5pm, Monday to Friday