Moving Forward : Steps to Independence
Forest Road Supported Housing Project
2 Forest Road, Skegby, Nottinghamshire
Tel:01623 517 646
SMaRT 24 Hour Helpline: 0845 650 5599
Keyworker, SMaRT 24hr Support,
Service User Involvement, Person Centred Planning
| || || |
|Moving Forward : Steps to Independence is a service which provides housing related support to people aged 16 and over with mental health needs across Nottinghamshire. |
In partnership with Framework Housing Association, NCHA provide support to those people living in accommodation based services, while FHA provide a floating support service to tenants and homeowners who have secured their own accommodation.
If you have mental health needs and require support to prevent you from getting into housing difficulties, Moving Forward can help.
Moving Forward can give you the support you need, from supporting you in resettlement to budgeting money, to making sure you’re getting out and about, Moving Forward aims to give you the skills, information and opportunities you need to take the steps to independence.
You will work with a member of the Moving Forward team and your mental health worker to think about what support you need. Together, you will work out a plan to build your skills and independence.
- 3 shared houses providing 9 individual bedsits
- Fully furnished
- Shared lounges, kitchens, bathrooms and gardens
- Easy access to local communities
- All accommodation is maintained to the highest standard
Who can apply? Moving Forward can provide you with housing-related support or accommodation if you:
Everyone is different and the team will tailor the support you receive, during times of crisis your support can be increased, but less frequent contact will be arranged at other times. Home visits can be arranged and meetings can take place in the local community.
- are aged 16 or over
- are experiencing mental health problems
- are involved with health services for your mental health
- live in Nottinghamshire
| || |
How we can Support You Moving Forward provides practical support and advice:
- help in finding and applying for accommodation including setting up and maintaining a tenancy
- help with making benefit claims, budgeting and debt repayment plans
- dealing with housing officials and private landlords
- developing your skills for independence (e.g. how to look after your house)
- getting out and about in the community
- keeping in contact with services such as social services and hospitals
- taking up education, training or employment opportunities
How To Apply Speak to your mental health worker if you think Moving Forward might be the right service for you. They can refer you to us. Alternatively, you can contact us using the details above.