When you move in to your HWCS home you will need to sign your occupancy agreement.
Your Housing Officer will tell you about:
- The conditions of your occupancy agreement
- The services you will be provided with
- How much your rent and any other charges are and what they cover
- How you can pay your rent
- How to report a repair
- How you will be consulted and how you can make suggestions
You will receive:
- A copy of the occupancy agreement (it’s good to keep this in a safe place)
- Details of how to contact your Housing Officer and Property Officer
- Information about benefits.
- Your set of keys
Your Housing Officers can give you information about:
- Getting more from the services you have, heating and water
- Health and Safety, keeping safe in your home and when out and about
Informing others that you have moved, who you need to tell:
- If you were already getting Housing Benefit tell the Housing Benefit office
- If you claim any other benefits, you need to tell the Benefits Agency
- The Council Tax Office (we can give you more information about council tax benefit)
- Electricity, gas and water companies
Your Housing Officer and support staff will tell you if they will contact any of these people on your behalf.
Home Contents Insurance
We strongly advise you to take out home contents insurance. This would give you cover for any damage to your personal belongings. For example, if you had a fire or flood it would cover replacing your television, stereo and other belongings.
We can advise you on how to look for a good insurance policy.